Friday, August 16, 2019

Radical LEAP


When I was thinking about the qualities of LEAP the one that I personally think is the most important is to cultivate love. When I was reflecting on a leader that radiates love the person that kept popping into my head was Rita. Several times a year our school admin team plays us the same video of Rita Pierson talking about how kids need a champion. If you haven't seen it - here's a link! She really embraces this idea that all you have to do is love kids.

2 comments:

  1. I believe you are right in saying love is the most important part of being a great leader. I have not seen Rita, before. Thank you for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care how many times I see this video I am ALWAYS inspired by it. She reminds me to "see" the students and work past being frustrated. It also is a great connection with SEL, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete